Articles & Updates
Finance Tips For Your Vacation
How to Save for Vacation
Vacations create memories that last a lifetime. While they can be expensive, many people consider the return on their investment to be well worth it. That said, having a plan to save for a vacation makes good financial sense. How can you save for vacation? We’ve got some vacation finance tips for you:
- Saving for vacation can be as simple as socking away money a little at a time. Even small monthly savings add up. Just make saving vacation funds part of your monthly budget. You can set up automatic debit to your Consumers National Bank savings account, making it really simple. Consumers National Bank has a variety of savings accounts to fit your personal needs.
- Start a Specialty Savings. Consumers National Bank offer specialty savings accounts that give you competitive rates and interest.
How To Spend Money Safely On Vacation
Once you’ve embarked on your adventure, make sure your vacation finances are secure as possible. Financial safety on vacation is very important. Carrying large sums of cash is never a good idea, especially in crowded, tourist areas. Your best option is electronic forms of payment, like your debit or credit cards.
If you have a Consumers National Bank debit card, here are some benefits and tips for use on vacation:
- Download the Consumers National Bank mobile app, which is free, and available for both iPhone® and Android™ devices. With the Consumers National Bank mobile banking app, you have controls right at your fingertips, anytime, anywhere. Through the app, you can:
- See your expenses immediately, so you know where your card has been used and can report unauthorized expenses quickly
- Manage alerts to receive a text or email (whichever is preferred) when your card is used
- Set up alerts that let you approve or deny purchases
- Request a higher spending limit
- Report your card lost or stolen
- Change your PIN
- Schedule a time for your card to be “off” and not used (for example, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
Another quick tip: Consumers National Bank sets up alerts to flag suspicious charges, but if you plan to be on vacation, just contact your local bank branch manager to let them know you’ll be using the card on vacation.
Consider Mobile Pay
Another option to consider is mobile pay. This contactless, tap-to-pay solution is a great option for secure transactions. With mobile pay from Consumers National Bank, you can make purchases directly and safely from your smartphone, without carrying your debit or credit card.
Just download the Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay app to your phone and add your Consumers National Bank credit or debit card information to the app.
Mobile pay is:
- Convenient – just use your phone and avoid touching keypads and swiping your card
- Quick – with just a tap, pay for groceries, dinner, entertainment etc. at the many brick-and-mortar and online locations that accept it
- Safe – payments are secured using a one-time-use number or token to ensure merchants can’t access your card information; your payment details aren’t stored on your device
Whether you’re considering your vacation finances, ready to purchase a home or open a checking account, Consumers National Bank can help. Contact us with any questions.